Organization Key Facts
The Arizona Foundation is committed to delivering the best value to our customers, while providing access to quality medical care. Take a look at these facts about our provider network:
Structure: There are essentially three corporate entities in the organization:
- The Arizona Foundation was established in 1969 and is governed by an all physician Board of Trustees who are elected by the membership of the Arizona Foundation. VyStream, a subsidiary of Arizona Foundation, is a recognized leader as an EDI Clearinghouse, Claims Re-pricer and Document Management Solution in the healthcare arena. They specialize in providing full front-end services from scanning, optical character recognition (OCR), data and image archiving, to complete re-pricing service applications, including the loading of pricing, provider and member data. By receiving "clean claims" in HIPAA-compliant formats, VyStream clients achieve higher auto-adjudication rates, maintain peak-level processing capacity, and eliminate their backlog - all with guaranteed turnaround time and data accuracy.
All of the above corporations are organized under the laws of the State of Arizona as not-for-profit corporations and neither the Medical Society nor the Arizona Foundation pay taxes on the income they receive from their tax-exempt activities. The Medical Society Business Services and VyStream pay taxes on income from their activities the same as any regular corporation.
Network of Health Care Providers: Statewide healthcare providers participate in our network including,
- Primary Care Physicians
- Specialist Physicians
- Other Professional Providers
- Specialty Facilities
- Other Facilities
Products and Services available for businesses, individuals and families:
- PHYSANC: Physician/Ancillary Network
- POS: Best Value Provider Network
- Foundation COMP Provider Network
- CHOICE – Utilization Review
- Utilization Management
- Case Management
- Population Health Management Management
- Maternity Management
- Claims Re-pricing
- Document (Claim) Management Solutions
- EDI Clearinghouse
To promote, develop and encourage the distribution of medical services by its members to the people of Maricopa, and any or all other counties in the State of Arizona at a cost reasonable to both patient and physician; to preserve unto its members, the medical profession at large - and the public - freedom of choice of both physician and patient; and to guard and preserve the physician-patient relationship, and its innumerable benefits.