Decision-Support Tools Empower Individuals to Manage their Health
Providing much more than just online information, the Health Web Portal offers many opportunities to help individuals modify lifestyle choices and behaviors that negatively impact their health.
At the heart of the portal is the University of Michigan Health Management Research Center's Health Assessment. The Health Assessment contains approximately 50 questions about an individual's current health and lifestyle habits. Once completed, the assessment assigns members a Wellness Score to help them measure their progress over time and a Wellness Assessment Profile that illustrates the top three risk factors that may influence their health status over the next 1-3 years.
Setting Goals, Tracking Improvements, and Maximizing Health
Results of the Health Assessment customize each individual's portal experience, including their Online Health Coaching (OHC) program. The OHC's personalized programs motivate individuals and provide step-by-step goals for improving health and minimizing risk factors. Other tools and calculators are provided to help members calculate and track their:
- Body mass index and weight.
- Target heart rate.
- Blood pressure.
- Fertility and due date.
- Cholesterol levels.
- Health Web Portal.
- Cost of smoking and drinking.
- Children's growth.
- Heart attack risk factors.
- Calories burned and caloric intake.
- And much more!
- Health Assessment provides insight into current health status and ways to improve it.
- Live online Nurse Chat available.
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Online Health Coaching programs to address fitness, stress management, nutrition, smoking cessation, weight loss, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Comprehensive drug dictionary, medical encyclopedia, quizzes, and symptom checker.
- Personal Health Record to track emergency and physician contact data, medical history, medications, allergies and more.
To learn more about Arizona Foundation's Web Portal or AFMC's Network Products and Services, call 800-624-4277 or e-mail.